CYO Athletics is sports done a different way — as one community. Individuals and teams strive for greatness in accordance with Gospel values. To develop the whole person, we teach that success is not measured solely by the scoreboard, but by the effort, team play and fun of the experience.
The Play Like A Champion Today® Educational Series (PLACT) is an innovative coach and parent education program that is transforming the culture of sports today. Based at the University of Notre Dame, Play Like A Champion Today® offers an athlete-centered, research-based approach to coaching and sport parenting by offering interactive coaches' clinics and parent workshops.
All Catholic youth, regardless of school affiliation, may play for the parish to which they belong.
Any Catholic youth attending a parish school outside his or her parish may play for either parish, but not both.
A Catholic youth who belongs to a parish that will not be entering a team may play for a bordering parish provided:
1) A letter signed by both parish athletic directors, stating their approval, is submitted to the Sports Committee with the team registration.
2) If youth is from a parish that does not participate in CYO Athletics, in the absence of a parish athletic director, approval from pastoral staff instead will be required.
3) Permission to play for another parish is approved by CYO Athletics staff.
For non-Catholic youth:
A non-Catholic youth attending a parish school may participate in the parish CYO Athletics program.
For non-Catholic schools participating in CYO Athletics, all youth participating on a school team must be students at the school.
A non-Catholic youth not attending a parish school may play for a parish, provided:
1. They have established some official, non-athletic contact
with the parish at least two months prior to the first game of the season, and
2. A letter signed by the parish pastor and athletic director explaining the youth's contact with the parish, other than athletics, is submitted on time with the team registration or will NOT be considered, and
3. Permission to participate is approved by CYO Athletics staff. Each request will be handled on an individual basis and the decision is final.