August 9-11, 2021 from 10am-11:30am each day, via Zoom.
Corinna Laughlin, Director of Liturgy for St. James Cathedral in Seattle, presenter.
“The festive character of the Sunday Eucharist
expresses the joy that Christ communicates to his Church
through the gift of the Spirit.
Joy is precisely one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit.”
–Pope St. John Paul II (Dies Domini, 56)
As pandemic restrictions lift and parish life resumes, we have the opportunity to renew the liturgical life of our parishes. And that starts with Sunday Mass. In this year’s Summer Liturgy Intensive, we will focus on the Sunday Mass in Ordinary Time, and how we can celebrate it both worthily and well in our parish communities. Even in Ordinary Time, Sunday Mass is never ordinary!
• Why Sunday Mass matters
• The nuts and bolts: overview of the Order of Mass
• Church documents liturgy coordinators should know
• Music as an integral part of the liturgy
• Celebrating special rites at Sunday Mass—why and when
• Evaluating parish liturgies
• Implementing changes effectively
This free virtual workshop is geared towards those who coordinate Sunday liturgies or liturgical ministers, whether clergy or lay, volunteers or parish staff.
For questions or to register, please email Jennifer Day at email@example.com